Stripe - MarketGrabber and Stripe Records
This article describes the relationship of records in your MarketGrabber database and records in Stripe.
- MarketGrabber - Anyone that registers on your site is considered a "customer" in MarketGrabber whether they have made a purchase or not.
- Stripe - A MarketGrabber customer on you site that makes a purchase will be added to your Stripe account as a customer in Stripe.
To help cross reference your site customers with Stripe customers, the ID assigned to your customer in your site is stored with each customer added to Stripe:
Pricing Plans and Products
- MarketGrabber - In MarketGrabber you create pricing plans to represent the items that you may sell in your site.
- Stripe - When a MarketGrabber customer makes a purchase, the pricing plan they used is added as a Product in Stripe. Pricing plans are automatically added as Stripe products when a customer on your site makes a purchase using a pricing plan - plans with no purchases are not added to Stripe.
To help cross reference your site pricing plans with Stripe products, the Stripe summary product display shows your pricing plan title, the edition and plan type of your pricing plan:
MarketGrabber also stores "metadata" in Stripe for each pricing plan:
so you can exactly match Stripe products to your pricing plans.
Note: MarketGrabber does NOT store prices in Stripe. Prices and coupon discounts are calculated in your web site and only net prices are sent to Stripe for payment processing.
- MarketGrabber - In MarketGrabber a subscription is a bulk purchase of listings. It is usually billed on a recurring basis (e.g. once per month) for a set amount of time. It can also be billed as a one-time charge should you so desire.
- Stripe - When a MarketGrabber customer purchases a subscription that is billed on a recurring basis, a Stripe Subscription is created. The Stripe subscription represents the billing (e.g. monthly), regular payment amount and duration of the subscription (cancel date). The pricing plan used by the customer in MarketGrabber will create a Product in Stripe if needed as well. Stripe will automatically keep charging the customer for each billing period until the subscription ends.
To help cross reference your site subscriptions with Stripe Subscriptions, the Stripe summary subscription display shows the customer, current subscription status, product(MarketGrabber pricing plan) and date created:
MarketGrabber also stores "metadata" in Stripe for each Stripe subscription created:
This can help match up additional data (customer id, invoice id, start data and end date) in your MarketGrabber site if needed.